Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Level 1 with Baron Baptiste! by Sarah Frick

Last week I began my training to become a certified Baptiste teacher. I attended level one with Baron Baptiste in the Catskills of New York Aug 6th-13th. I was scared, resistant (to say the least :), and beyond excited to learn, grow, and share my flow! The first three days of training I felt super resistant to the process. I was all up in my head and trying to "just get through it"... and then it ALL hit me! This is how I have been showing up in my life in so many ways... teaching, loving, eating, practicing, living etc... rushing from one thing to the next! I have been 'surviving' my life instead of being fully present and living and breathing every little second of it in! I have let certain instances over the past 3 years rule my life in a way of anticipation, sadness at times, and anxiety to get it all done and just get through it. Rushing around no longer serves me... nor does saying 'Yes' to every invitation keep me present and really connected because I am always thinking of what I have to do next. I decided last week to literally ground myself through my asana.. taking time to have a full breath (or 8 :) in each pose... taking time to really see the people around me- no longer hiding in my life or piling on all the 'stuff' so I am not exposed! I have learned to empower those around me and fill them up with love, honesty, truthfulness, and above all happiness! If you want good people around you... help them create a sense of love in their own lives. We did a lot of transformative work that I won't get all into (can't spill all the level one beans.. you gotta go for yourself!) and it totally helped me open up and let go of the 'story' I have been living. We worked on new ways of being and how to live this life and inspire others on and off the mat! All in all it was one of the best weeks of my life (I drank the kool-aid- I kinda did keg stands of it really :).. once I dropped the BS story in my head, and got into my heart I realized I am whole, loved, and perfect just as I am! From pure space I create and commit to my new way of being which is of speaking my mind, saying 'no'!, and being totally and utterly HAPPY! Come see me in class... I want to give you a hug and fill you up with lots of love and stuff!! :) http://www.baronbaptiste.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment