Sunday, June 5, 2011

Emily Watson looks at CONTROL

A lot of thoughts have played over and over in my mind that I’ve accepted to be true. I never tried to challenge these thoughts. I didn’t know I could. For example, one of the many lies I’ve told myself is that “I need to be in control”.

Does this sound familiar? When did I become God? I have learned that I’m NOT in control. Who knew? Things happen everyday that I have no input on, even if I want it. For example, my husband lost his job in the same month that we bought a house and my transmission went. In my small world, that was catastrophic. I worried and worried. After everything worked itself out, I learned that no matter how I reacted to those things, the outcome was as it should be, without me causing it. The outcome happened just the same regardless of my reactions, so why not take a deep breath and enjoy each moment?

It’s actually pretty reassuring that I’m not in control. When I look back on things that happen, the way that it turns out is way better than if I had planned it. That also helps me remember that I am NOT God and there is someone more suited for the job causing and solving issues in my life.

1 comment: